What is GeoCaching?
GeoCaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online.
GeoCaching on Vancouver Island
Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment. Waymarking.com will provide you with the tools to share and discover unique and interesting locations on the planet. Visit Tourism Ucluelet on Geocaching.com and download the coordinates of “Wild Pacific Break” to your GPS. You can also download the co-ordinates to some Ucluelet Points of Interest by visiting Ucluelet Tourism at Waymarking.com.
Easy Steps to GeoCache Exploration!
- Register for a free Basic Membership at geocaching.com
- Click “Hide & Seek a Cache.”
- Enter your postal code and click “search.”
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Share your geocaching stories and photos online.
More on GeoCaching?
For more about GeoCaching and exploring the world around you through the community, visit the official GeoCaching blog @ blog.geocaching.com.